Here’s another fast and relatively healthful meal my Husband LOVES. It’s based on a meal I saw in a magazine years ago. The name of that actual recipe was called “Veggie Lasagna Toss.” I have simplified it. And of course, you can use any pasta you have on hand.
Here’s how you do it. . .
1. Heat a bit of olive oil in a large sauce pan/skillet. Add a bit of minced garlic (to taste). Let the garlic heat up a bit. Don’t dare burn it! (bitter, bitter as my Dad’s former wives!)
2. Add broccoli. You can use fresh or frozen. If you use fresh, cooking time will be longer. Let the broccoli saute, stirring occasionally until it becomes bright green but is still very crisp.
3. Add some vegetable broth or water and a can of diced tomatoes (including their juice). Simmer for a bit longer.
4. Meanwhile, prepare a separate pot for pasta – use any kind of noodles – cook them according to the package directions.
5. Reduce the heat on the veggie mix. Add a can of Cannelini beans – rinsed. Add crushed red pepper flakes, pepper, salt, and lemon juice to taste. Simmer.
The key here is to not over-cook the veggie mix. It should be bright and crisp-tender. Adjust the heat accordingly.
6. Plate putting the veggie mix and a little of its broth over the strained pasta. Top with a great quality shredded cheese. We like a pecorino romano blend
Bam! Healthy, fast. Do it with a kid hanging all over you. Do it hung over. Do it for a lazy dinner once a week! Hell, add some fresh parsley, lemon wedges, and fancy pasta and do it for dinner guests!