Yeah. Another salad. This one incorporates Chicken-less patties.
We try not to eat too much “fake” meat. They taste good but they have a decent amount of sodium and other unpronounceable ingredients. However, once in a while, we’ll bust out a fake burger or dog.
Here’s how you do this one:
1. Start with a base of lettuce (and any other greens you might have). I added half a small head of white cabbage I had left over from our favorite pot stickers dish.
2. Clean and cut up any other veggies you desire in your salad. I used tomatoes, green peppers, red onions, and carrots.
3. Thaw some sweet, white corn. (Or if you’re really ambitious – which I am not – cook some corn on the cob, slice it off the cob, and allow it to cool. Just typing that exhausted me).
4. Grate some cheese. I used some of a block of Colby-Jack we had but anything will do. And if you’re feeling especially skinny, you can always add blue cheese or gorgonzola crumbles too.
5. Heat a skillet and add a little olive oil. Once the oil is hot, place the desired number of chicken-less patties in the skillet. (I would suggest one per person; however then I’m always wondering what the hell I’ll do with one lonely pattie getting all freezer burned. So I typically cook the whole box of four and hope my husband is extra hungry.)
6. While the chicken-less patties are cooking, dice an avocado or two. Plate up the salad and top with corn and cheese.
7. When the chicken-less patties are fully cooked, slice into long thin strips and place on top of salad. Add avocado.
8. We typically top the salad with the Ken’s brand Lite Honey Mustard but any dressing would work.